Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 4 servings
1 jar of Lizbeth Lane Marsala & Tarragon Simmer Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. of cream cheese or sour cream Note: Using a low fat cream cheese will add a richness to the taste and texture of the sauce and taste slightly "sweeter".
Pkg. of pre-made meatballs. Heat as directed--or-- simmer in a large saute pan with some butter and 1/2 cup of beef broth. Slow simmered- Covered.
A pkg. of egg noodles-prepared as per directions
A little chopped parsely for garnish
Anything else you think might make this even better!
1. Simply heat up the Marsala simmer sauce in a large saucepan along with the cream cheese (or sour cream) and the worcestershire sauce.
2. When heated, puree in a food processor for 30 seconds....return to saucepan. Set aside.
3. Cook noodles according to instructions.
We prefer the wider noodles. Yolk-free to keep the cholesterol down....
4. Heat meatballs as directed or saute in butter and beef broth over medium heat until warmed and cooked through. Cover to speed up the cooking process.
5. Add meatballs to Marsala Stroganoff sauce. You can add a little of the broth, too--but NOT all of it. Mix well and slow simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
Adjust with salt / pepper if needed.
6. Serve over noodles or as an appetizer with toothpicks or on little slider buns!
7. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Did you know?
Cooking stock and broth do separate jobs depending on the recipe. If the recipe calls for a lot of herbs and spices, you're better off using a broth, which doesn't have the herbal essence and more potent flavor that many cooking stocks do. In the end, follow the recipe directions.