Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 4 servings
1 medium onion- chopped
1 cup chicken stock
Olive oil and butter
1 cup of Arborio Risotto rice
1 jar of Lizbeth lane Marsala & Tarragon Simmer Sauce
1 cup of loosely packed shredded parmesan cheese. Do NOT use store bought brands--grate it fresh!
1. Add 1 tbsp. butter to large saucepan, add chopped onions. Saute on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add rice to pan. Simmer with onions for 2 more minutes over MEDIUM LOW heat.
3. Start adding chicken stock-- about 1/4 cup at a time-cook rice while stirring until stock is absorbed. Repeat til stock is all absorbed.
4. Shake Marsala & Tarragon jar-start adding Marsala, about 1/3 of the jar at a time. Again, stir rice until liquid is absorbed. Eventually, there will be some sauce within the risotto.
5. Add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir. Cook til rice is tender.
6. When serving, add more grated parmesan cheese on top of risotto.
Total time cooking should take no more than 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Fantastic flavor and texture.
Did you know?
Cooking stock and broth do separate jobs depending on the recipe. If the recipe calls for a lot of herbs and spices, you're better off using a broth, which doesn't have the herbal essence and more potent flavor that many cooking stocks do. In the end, follow the recipe directions.