This recipe is quick, simple and you won't believe how delicious this pizza is! The secret is...a truly fabulous pizza recipe using flatbread. Once you try this flatbread pizza you may never go back to regular pizza dough again! This recipe is perfect when you're in a hurry. It only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! You can find packages of white or whole wheat flatbread in most food stores.
We don't believe in set amounts in many of our recipes. That's because we want you to make it your way. Experiment a little...have fun and enjoy yourself! Use our recipes as a guide and go from there!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 1 flatbread serves 1-2 people
1 pkg. of white or wholegrain flatbreads from your local food market. You may use Indian Naan bread as well.
1 Jar of Lizbeth Lane Gourmet Cuisine Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Cream Simmer Sauce
1 pkg. of sliced pepperoni
1 small can of diced tomatoes-optional
1 pkg. of shredded mozzarella cheese
Grated parmessan cheese
1 small handful of fresh chopped basil
1 large appetite!
cookie sheet or heavy duty aluminum foil
1. First, preheat oven to 450˚ put rack on second lowest shelf
2. Brush cookie sheet with a little olive oil
3. Place two or more flatbreads on the cookie sheet
4. Spoon Lizbeth Lane Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Cream Sauce over the flatbread--don't over do it! Usually about 2-3 tbsps. will be right for one flatbread.
5. add slices of pepperoni
6. Add some chopped basil
7. Sprinkle some diced tomatoes (drained well) over pizza--again, dont over do it. (this is optional)
8. Add shredded mozzarella cheese- easy does it!
9. Sprinkle pizzas with parmesan cheese
10. Place cookie sheet with pizzas in hot oven for about 5 minutes, or until edges start to darken. Keep your eye on these pizzas--they cook quickly! (Put the oven light on if you have one.)
11. When done, slide pizzas off cookie sheet onto counter or cutting board. Allow to cool slightly--cut small slices and serve warm. The flatbread crust should be somewhat crispy.
Try this recipe with other items which you think might add to this recipe. Try chopped white chicken breast meat, shrimp, chopped onions, etc.
Other Red Pepper recipes:
Red Pepper Flatbread Pizza
Red Pepper Jambalaya