The more you enjoy our Mediterranean simmer sauce, the more ideas you'll come up with to make unique and flavorful gourmet entrees. Try this salmon dish for a fresh tasting alternative! It was submitted by one of our "saucier" followers.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 4 servings
4 Salmon filets
1 jar of Mediterranean Tomato Simmer Sauce
Seasoning: salt pepper, garlic powder, dill weed
Pre heat oven to 425°
Recipe submitted by:
Spring Lake, NJ
1. Place salmon filets on a grilling rack or baking dish. Brush a light coating of olive oil over the filets. Season with salt, pepper, a little dill and garlic powder.
2. Place in a hot oven (425°) (Set oven rack two up from bottom )and bake for 10-12 minutes. Check for doneness- should still be some pink in the middle of the filets.
3. Remove salmon from oven and place filets into an oiled HOT saute pan-burner set to medium low. Immediately add our mediterranean Tomato sauce.
• 1/2 jar for two people (2-3 filets)
• whole jar for 4-6 filets
4. Slow simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir filets around in the sauce.
5. Serve with a side of rice, orzo, pasta or just a salad! You can make a "bed" of sauce on the dinner plate and carefully place the filet on top or serve the filet and spoon sauce over it. Either way works!
Did you know?
If you prepare a side dish of orzo as part of your meal, it may become somewhat sticky, due to the starch.
So, when the orzo is fully cooked, simply rinse off the orzo in a collander under hot water then return the orzo to your saucepan- reduce heat to low or even turn off the burner.-cover to keep warm. The orzo will now be fluffy and lighter tasting--without the stickiness!